Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Ashley Bell
I am married and have two children, Jacob (6) & Addison (3).
This is my fourth year teaching Physical Education and coaching Softball at Slocomb.
Slocomb Middle School 2019-2020
Physical Education Syllabus
- Students will improve muscular strength.
- Students will improve cardiovascular endurance.
- Students will demonstrate cooperative learning techniques through team sports.
- Students are required to change into physical education clothes and wear athletic shoes.
- Students must participate in all activities. A sport related report or worksheet must be completed daily for each day the student cannot participate. Parent notes are accepted for up to three days. Excessive parent notes will require a doctor’s excuse. More than three days will require a doctor’s note to the physical education teacher. Word of mouth is not acceptable.
50% Skill Development (Dress/Participation)
30% Fitness Activity (Mile Run)
20% Cognitive Development (Tests)
Gym/Locker Room Guidelines & Expectations:
- Dressing out is MANDATORY. If a student is sick, they are still required to dress out.
- Students who are sick or injured are allowed to bring a parent note for up to 3 class days. A doctor's note will be required after 3 days.
- If a student feels they are injured or hurt in any way, they must tell a PE teacher IMMEDIATELY.
- If a student is having problems with another student in PE, tell the PE teacher IMMEDIATELY.
- Food, drinks, candy/gum will NOT be allowed in the gym, and will be disposed of immediately if seen.
- Be prepared -- always bring your PE clothes and athletic shoes to class.
- No earrings, necklaces, rings or bracelets allowed. This is for the safety of all students.
- Students will be allowed time to dress out. Failure to be in your assigned spot at the designated time will result in consequences.
- Students will be expected to use the time allotted in the locker room to dress out/ re-dressing.
- HORSEPLAY or any other such activities in the locker room will NOT be tolerated.
- Phones, Smartwatches, Chromebooks or other electronic devices will not be allowed at any time! These devices should be locked up in the student’s hallway locker.
- PHONES ARE NOT TO BE OUT IN THE LOCKER ROOM AT ANY TIME. PICTURES & VIDEO (INCLUDING Snapchat, FaceTime, etc.) MAY NOT BE TAKEN AT ANYTIME DURING THE PE PERIOD, TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY OF OTHER STUDENTS. THIS WILL LEAD TO OFFICE REFERRALS & POSSIBLE FURTHER DISCIPLINARY MEASURES.
Welcome to our physical education class. We are looking forward to a great year and have planned many activities. Please return this syllabus with your signature & phone number. Physical education teachers are NOT responsible for any lost items. Thank you and feel free to contact us with any questions at 886-2008. If for any medical reason your child needs his/her PE modified, due to a doctor’s request, please list the reason and contact us.
Coach McCray & Coach Bell
Student Name: _______________________________ Phone: ____________________________