Slocomb High School Library Media Center
Middle/High School Media Specialist: Kim Parrish
It is the mission of the Slocomb High School Library Media Center to ensure that all students and staff have the skills and opportunity to access, evaluate, and use information for educational and recreational purposes. We support the learning environment to help students become independent, lifelong learners.
· To select, acquire, and preserve information resources in various formats that best support curricular, research, and information needs of our students.
· To provide access to resources that reflects a wide range of viewpoints.
· To process materials in a timely manner.
· To provide quality service to students and faculty.
· To facilitate physical access to the library’s collections and to preserve the collections by maintaining an organized, secure environment.
· To provide appropriate levels of technology.
· To actively promote the development of information literacy skills.
· To maintain a highly skilled staff.
· To provide a pleasing environment with appropriate furnishings.
· To promote the love of learning.